Why Collaborative Law?
- Non-adversarial out-of-court process to resolve your legal problems; such as separation, custody, access, property division, divorce etc.
- Legal representation throughout the process
- The use of lawyers trained in mediation skills and principled negotiations on behalf of their clients
- Cost effective, as the parties agree not to effect adversarial court proceedings against the other and to work cooperatively with their lawyers outside the court process
- Certified collaborative lawyer and member in good standing of the Association of Collaborative Family Law Lawyers of Nova Scotia
Please click this link to visit the Collaborative Family Law Lawyers of Nova Scotia website: www.collaborativefamilylawyers.ca
- This process is generally less time-consuming and results/solutions can be reached more quickly than in the court process
- The probability exists that the parties can achieve a win-win settlement through the use of this non-adversarial court process
- The parties themselves participate in the process with their lawyers as facilitators and advocates
- Protect long-term integrity of relationships and family
Please click this link for a PDF copy of my collaborative law agreement: Collaborative Law Agreement